Sony, the once mighty smartphone manufacturer, is gearing up to launch a whole range of smartphones at MWC. Reports from Japan are claiming that Sony is working on five (5) smartphones that will cover all price brackets, in an effort to attract more sales across the board.
No model names are mentioned, however, we do have code names and specifications for all the 5 devices.
- Yoshino is expected to be the flagship device, with a 3840 by 2160 (4K) display, Snapdragon 835, 4GB or 6GB of RAM and a Sony IMX 400 camera sensor.
- BlancBright expected to sport a 2560 by 1440 QHD display, Snapdragon 835 or 653 processor with 4GB RAM and the same IMX 400 camera sensor.
- Keyaki comes with a full HD 1920 by 1080 display, MediaTek Helio P20 processor with 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage, 23-megapixel rear-camera and 16MP front-facing camera.
- Hinoki will get the same MediaTek processor, a screen resolution of 1280 by 720. It will pack 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, a 16MP rear camera and 8MP front camera.
- Mineo will be at the bottom of the list, and unfortunately no specs have been released, however we have rumours of a possible $350 price tag.
We all know that Sony has been really struggling to keep up with the competition when it comes to sales, I really hope that the company has something much more than fancy-spec’d over-priced devices to offer.