The LG V10 is no stranger to the internet. It has been rumoured for a while now and has leaked extensively prior to its official announcement a few hours ago. The LG V10 is the first Series V smartphone from LG and it is meant to compete with the large premium offerings from competitors like Samsung’s Galaxy Note lineup.
The LG V10 is unique in that it features a secondary display and dual front-facing 5 megapixel cameras. The Second Screen is meant to do things like always displaying your city’s weather, set alarm or just the time or any other thing you care about when the primary display is off without draining the device’s battery. The secondary display will also come in when you watching a movie or playing a game as it will take care of all notifications without interfereing.
The device is also said to survive drop tests since it has a high-grade stainless steel body and durable silicone skin.
In keeping up with LG’s known music tastes, the V10 features 32 bit Hi-Fi DAC by ESS Technology that guarantees high quality audio.
Here are specifications of the LG V10:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor
- Display: Main) 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
Secondary) 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 64GB internal ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: 16MP main shooter with f/1.8 Aperture and OIS 2.0; 5MP Dual Lens (80o Standard Angle / 120o Wide Angle)
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 192g
- Network: LTE-A Cat. 6
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: Space Black / Luxe White / Modern Beige / Ocean Blue / Opal Blue
The device will be available later this month in several markets including the United States, several Asian countries, Latin America and the Middle East.