We’ve already heard about the upcoming Galaxy A8 smartphone from Samsung and the same source that brought us that information is back with more tidbits: we are a week away from its official unveiling.
According to French technology website Nowhereelse.fr, the Samsung Galaxy A8 will be launched on July 17th in the Chinese market. It will reportedly go for an equivalent of EUR 439. That strengthens our belief that the Galaxy A8 is a successor to earlier devices like the Galaxy Alpha and the Galaxy A5 and will be targeted at customers shopping for upper mid-range devices. The Galaxy A8 will also have special recognition as the thinnest smartphone Samsung has ever made if all the leaks turn out to be true.
Like we had noted earlier, these are the expected specifications of the Galaxy A8:
- Size and weight: 157.7 x 76.7 x 5.9mm, 140g
- Display: 5.7 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super AMOLED
- Memory: 16 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD); 2 GB RAM
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Camera: 16 MP main camera and a 5 MP selfie camera
- Battery: 3050 mAh
- Others: Dual-SIM, LTE
There are no details on whether we’ll get to see the Galaxy A8 outside China but that seems highly likely.