HTC has announced its flagship One M8’s mini phone and successor to last year’s HTC One Mini, the HTC One Mini 2.
Bad naming aside, the One Mini 2 continues the trend of not-so-mini mini phones that OEMs have been announcing even after Sony showed the rest the way with the Xperia Z1 Compact. That and the lack of the 4 MP ultrapixel camera on the flagship M8 that has led to mixed reactions since the device was announced and received its fair share of flak from reviewers from being good at everything else but with a not-so-good camera.
Specs of the One Mini 2 are as follows:
- Display: 4.5 inch Super LCD 3 HD (720p) display at 326 ppi
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 400 clocked at 1.2 GHz backed by an Adreno 305 GPU
- Memory: 16 GB internal; expandable via microSD upto 128 GB
- Camera: 13 MP main/ 5 MP front
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0
- Battery: 2100 mAh
- Others: 3G, LTE, NFC, BoomSound (front facing speakers)
The device will be available in three colours just like its senior sibling: Gumetal Gray, Glacial Silver and Amber Gold