Cisco announced that its re-branded and expanded flagship technology event Cisco Connect 2013 Kenya will be held on Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th October 2013 at Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi. Previously known as Cisco Expo, Cisco Connect is not just a name change – this year, the bi-annual technology event will offer an expanded forum, showcasing the company’s cutting-edge technologies, products and solutions.
Changes from the last event are, but not limited to:
- New venue: Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi
- New agenda, including six keynotes
- New demos of technical solutions that focus on real business value
- New products launched by Cisco and Cisco’s Partners
Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 has evolved because Cisco understands that your business’s technical and networking needs are changing. Organizations are increasingly seeking solutions that are technically robust and consistent with business strategy and vision. As a result IT decision makers and business decisions makers are working together more closely. At Cisco Connect Kenya, Cisco and Cisco Partners bring you a combination of technical expertise and business solutions that are closely aligned to the East African market.
At the heart of Cisco Connect 2013 is the theme ‘Your Vision Made Possible’. The aim is to provide a platform for Cisco to discuss and showcase current ICT trends such as the Internet of Everything (IoE), and how organizations and government throughout East Africa can leverage these trends to drive business success and make their visions possible. Participants will also benefit from presentations and technology breakout sessions delivered by Cisco subject matter experts, as well as Cisco partner workshops. These sessions will embrace technology topics such as cloud, collaboration, video, virtualization and borderless networks.
Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 includes a strong line-up of senior Cisco speakers:
- David Meads, Cisco’s Vice President for Africa and Sabrina Dar, Cisco’s newly appointed General Manager for East Africa will jointly deliver the opening keynote
- Howard Charney, Senior Vice President, Office of the President will also deliver a keynote on Cisco’s strategy around the Internet of Everything (IoE).
- Den Sullivan, Head of Architectures and Enterprise, Emerging Theatre, Cisco deliver a keynote entitled ‘Architecting the Future.’
Also in attendance and will deliver key speeches are:
- Dr. Fred Okengo Matiang’i, Cabinet Secretary for ICT, Government of Kenya.
- Susan Mochache, Assistant Director, Communications Commission of Kenya.
- Nzioka Waita, Corporate Affairs, Safaricom.
Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 will also feature the ‘World of Solutions’, an interactive exhibition area where visitors can explore the broader Cisco partner ecosystem, experience Cisco solutions, and hear the unique perspective of Cisco technology experts and partners.
Continuing on from the success of Cisco Expo in Kenya two years ago, Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 expects to attract over 1,000 attendees, comprising regional business and technical decision makers from government and mid to large enterprises from a diverse cross-section of industries. Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 serves to underline Cisco’s continued commitment to the Africa as it strives to help business and governments across the globe drive sustainable ICT growth.
Sabrina Dar, General Manager, Cisco East Africa.
“As adoption of information and communication technologies in Africa accelerates at unprecedented pace, so too does its effect on breaking down barriers, increasing the connections between people and its ability to bring the world closer together. With this in mind, it is all the more important that business leaders, IT experts and key decision makers in Kenya and East Africa as a whole are kept informed of the latest technology solution developments. We are confident that Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 will provide a real platform to communicate thought leadership, and also for attendees to learn about the latest technology architectures, and the role of innovation in the current and future ICT environment, not only in Kenya but also throughout East Africa. Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 will also provide great opportunities for the Kenyan ICT professionals to network together, strengthen relationships, and connect with key customers and partners.”
Sponsors of this year’s event include:
- Diamond sponsors – Copy Cat Ltd; Dimension Data and IBM.
- Gold sponsors – Redington Value
- Silver sponsors – Comstor; Interdist Alliances.
Cisco Connect Kenya 2013 is a registration-only event. Those interested in attending can register online by visiting this link.
This event will assist you in making personal connections that extend your professional network.