Samsung Forum India is happening in India and the recently unveiled Galaxy Note 8 got launched. Samsung announced it as Galaxy Note 510 for the Indian market, although there was no mention of the price I expect it to be priced at $560 or Rs 30,000 there-of.
Samsung announced the Galaxy Note as the ultimate reading companion with apps such as learning hub and reading mode setting in the device. The Galaxy Note is an 8 inch device with a 1.6Ghz quad-core processor and 2 GB RAM and runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Other specs are as below:
- 8 inch WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT = 189ppi
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- 1.6GHz Exynos A9 quad-core processor
- 5MP rear camera, 1.3MP front
- HSDPA at 21Mbps
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage options
- microSD upto 64GB
- Dimensions 210.8 X 135.9mm, Weight 338g -the 3G version
- 4600mAh Li-ion battery
- Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Direct, AllshareCast, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
Here in Kenya it will be available in the next few weeks and we will have a close look at it, including a full review.