Huawei and Microsoft just launched a phone that is co-branded and labeled 4Afrika. The device is the Huawei Ascend W1 launched globally recently. The version just launched today in Kenya is branded 4Afrika in tandem with the project to get tens of millions of smartphones in the hands of Africans. The device will be priced at around Kshs 13,000 – 14000 and it runs Windows phone 8, making it the cheapest Windows phone 8 device. See other images below.
Wednesday | November 26, 2014
- Sony To Also Reduce Smartphone Line-up In Bid To Get To Profitability
- Safaricom Officially Contracted By Government To Roll Out Surveillance System In Kenya
- Samsung Sued By Milk Studios Over Milk Music Name
- Freezing Bug On Lumia 920, 925 and 1020 Reported, Microsoft Acknowledges
- The Resurrection: Nairobi News Is Back, But There’s a Twist
Read daily email summaries
© Copyright 2014.