Huawei and Microsoft just launched a phone that is co-branded and labeled 4Afrika. The device is the Huawei Ascend W1 launched globally recently. The version just launched today in Kenya is branded 4Afrika in tandem with the project to get tens of millions of smartphones in the hands of Africans. The device will be priced at around Kshs 13,000 – 14000 and it runs Windows phone 8, making it the cheapest Windows phone 8 device. See other images below.
Sunday | November 23, 2014
- The Resurrection: Nairobi News Is Back, But There’s a Twist
- Safaricom’s New Acquisition M-Ledger App Covers Large Gap In Personal Payments Reconciliation
- Huawei’s 2015 Line-up Has 2K Displays, 4GB RAM And New Ascend Range
- Here’s Our Lumia 530 Giveaway Winner
- Microsoft Azure Hit With Hour Long Global Outage
Read daily email summaries
© Copyright 2014.