Quite close on the heels of the Intel Yolo in Kenya, India is seeing the dual sim version of the first Intel Inside Smartphone in Africa. Well this is also a first as it’s the first dual-SIM smartphone with the entrails being Intel. Kunal reports that Intel Xolo has been launched in India in what you would call almost concurrently, only a few hours later.
Intel has been partnering with the dominant carriers to introduce their samrtphones, and Lava is the carrier doing the channeling in India. The specs on the Xolo according to Kunal are similar to the Intel Yolo launched in Kenya save for the dual-SIM support.
The specs thus so far are:
- 3.5 inch VGA screen with a 480 x 320 px
- 4GB internal storage
- 512MB RAM
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.2GHz Intel Lexington processor (I would assume it also has hyper-threading like it’s peer)
- 5MP rear camera, fixed focus, no flash and no front camera
- microSD slot with support of upto 32GB
- 1500mAh battery
Price for the Intel Lava Xolo is Rs. 8,999 or Kshs 14,500 ($167).