The wait is finally over, and Symbian Anna is available for current Symbian^3 users starting today (The precise rollout schedule of the Symbian Anna software update varies from market to market). Nokia N8, C7, C6-01 and E7 users can now have the enhanced user experience that comes with Symbian Anna. You get a new user interface, virtual qwerty keypad in portrait mode, split screen messaging, enhanced Nokia Maps, better web browsing and stronger security with this OS version.
Symbian Anna can be downloaded using the latest version of Ovi Suite (version 3.1.1) on a PC, or over-the-air directly to your smartphone (Method of delivery of the software update differs from market to market and operator to operator) so keep refreshing the software updates. Symbian users will see upto 10 phones being released by Nokia over the next one year, and software updates to go on upto 2016.
– User interface: Symbian Anna brings a fresh new look and feel to the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia E7 with crisp icons and multiple usability enhancements. Typing on the touchscreen is much easier with a split screen, so you can see message threads, webpages, contacts or email view while typing on the virtual QWERTY keypad – now also available in portrait mode.
– Maps and navigation: Symbian Anna enhances Nokia Maps with better search functionality, new public transportation routes and the ability to check-in to favorite geo-social network sites like Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter
– Browsing: A faster, easier-to-use browser, delivering quicker page loads and improved device navigation allowing people to connect more easily to their favorite sites on the go.
– Better for business: Symbian Anna brings true business-grade security with improved data encryption on Nokia smartphones. Business users with a Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 or Nokia E7 can now easily and securely access their company intranet with IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers.
– Near Field Communications (NFC): The Symbian Anna software update also activates the NFC hardware in the Nokia C7, so people can now simply tap their Nokia C7s together to share contacts, photos, videos and play games; easily pair with NFC-enabled accessories from Nokia and others; and read NFC tags to check-in and more
– Flashlite 4
– Java Runtime 2.2
– Qt Mobility 1.1
[UPDATE] Current availability is to these countries, will update as more info comes in.
Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Thailand, UAE and the UK.